Growing Monstera Aurea Variegated: Tips to Maximize Success
Monstera Aurea Variegated, also known as the monster arum or stinky plant, is an easy-to-grow houseplant that adds an exotic element to your home’s decor. In fact, these plants are so easy to grow that they are often used as classroom plants in schools and offices. Monstera Aurea Variegated also grows well outdoors in U.S.
Monstera aurea variegated enjoy a well-draining, chunky soil mix. You can make your own by mixing two parts potting soil, one part perlite, and one part coco coir. If you’re short on time, you can also purchase a pre-made cactus or succulent mix. Be sure to water your plant regularly, giving it a thorough soaking about once a week. Allow the top few inches of soil to dry out in between waterings. Monstera aurea variegated is best suited for growing in bright, indirect light. However, it will tolerate some direct sun if necessary. When choosing a spot for your plant, be sure to avoid any areas that are too hot or too cold.
Light & Temperature
The Monstera aurea variegata does best in bright, indirect sunlight but can tolerate some direct sun—just be sure to introduce it slowly to prevent leaf scorch. Average room temperatures are just fine. These plants like humidity, so if your home is on the drier side, consider getting a humidifier. You can also increase humidity by setting the plant on a pebble tray or grouping it with other plants. Allow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering again and cut back on watering during the winter months.
Monstera aurea variegated is a fast-growing climbing plant that can reach heights of up to 20 feet (6 meters). The variegated form of this species is especially striking, with its white-splashed leaves. As with all Monsteras, the key to success is regular feeding. Use a balanced fertilizer once every two weeks during the growing season, and be sure to flush the soil with plenty of water after each feeding. If you want to encourage even more growth, you can feed your plant every week during the growing season. Just be sure to reduce the amount of fertilizer you use by half.
While the plant is easy to grow, it does require some basic maintenance. Water when the top of the soil is dry, and fertilize monthly during the growing season. Place in a bright spot, but out of direct sunlight. To encourage growth, periodically remove any yellow or brown leaves. These plants can also be propagated by taking stem cuttings.
One of the most important things to keep in mind when growing Monstera aurea variegated is watering. These plants are native to tropical rainforests, so they like their soil to be moist at all times. However, you don’t want to waterlog them, as this can lead to root rot. The best way to water your plant is to stick your finger into the soil up to the first knuckle. If the soil is dry, it’s time to water. If it’s wet or damp, leave it be for now.
One of the most important things to consider when growing Monstera aurea variegated is humidity. This plant thrives in humid environments and will suffer if the air is too dry. There are a few things you can do to increase the humidity around your plant. First, try grouping your plant with other plants. This will create a microclimate that is more humid than the surrounding area. Second, you can use a pebble tray or humidifier to add moisture to the air. Finally, make sure you are not over-watering your plant, as this can lead to root rot and fungal problems. By following these tips, you can create a happy and healthy environment for your Monstera aurea variegated.
Pests & Diseases
One of the most common problems when growing Monstera aurea variegated is pests and diseases. These can include fungal diseases, such as powdery mildew and leaf spot, as well as pests, such as mealybugs and spider mites. The best way to combat these problems is to keep your plant healthy and happy by giving it the proper care it needs. This means watering it regularly, fertilizing it, and providing it with adequate light. Additionally, you can try using organic pest control methods, such as neem oil or insecticidal soap. If all else fails, you may need to consult with a professional.
Dear Custemer, Please read Carefully, this is our Shop Info and Purchase Agreement:
Plant Description :
1. This photo is a sample photo, the plants sent will be more or less like in the photo
2. Could be bigger, could be smaller depending on the existing stock
3. Very healthy and well-maintained plants.
Term & Condition :
– By purchasing plant overseas, customer accept all possible import risks. It is possible that there will be damage to the plant and it is a risk of shipping that must be received by the buyer. It will take some times for plant to recover. It is with best assumption that customer has the knowledge and experience to take care of the plants.
– It is customer’s responsibility to understand whether the plants are forbidden or not in their country and understand the import requirement in their country. All forms of taxes and inspection fees in the destination country are the responsibility of the buyer.
– We don’t accept cancellation order.
– We don’t accept return or exchange plant.
– No refunds.
Export Process :Monstera Aurea Variegated
– Regulations that apply in Indonesia for export are required to apply for an export permit which is a prerequisite for making phytosanitary. so consumers must wait for export licenses to be issued.
– The process of applying for an export permit and checking a laboratory is around 10 business days.
– We don’t accept any request shipping with declare as Non Plant or other illegal action.
– We are not liable for any loss, damage, death, or injury arising directly or indirectly from any process caused by custom or shipping process (handling, treatment, and release time). Customers agrees to not request any refund or plant replacement or other compensation.
Monstera Aurea Variegated We don’t accept return packages for any reasons. Plant will be destroyed by Custom when returning back to Indonesia.
– Please note that some countries require Import Permit or other document. It is customer obligation to provide the required Import Permit.
For example :
a. Customer from Canada is required to provide Import Permit.
b. Customer from United Kingdom is required to provide PEACH (Procedure for Electronic Application for Certificates) from The Horticultural Marketing Monstera Aurea Variegated Government of United Kingdom.
c. Customer from USA shall provide import permit for purchase more than 12 plants.
BY CONTINUING THIS ORDER, CUSTOMER AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Monstera deliciosa ‘Aurea’ (or ‘Marmorata’) is a less common cultivar of variegated Monstera deliciosa borsigiana characterized by yellow or lime variegation on dark green background. Variegation pattern varies from splotchy pattern to ‘full moon’ leaves.